US-75 From County Line Rd. to FM1417 – TxDOT Paris District
About this Project
EST provided design services for this project, the purpose of which is to widen US 75 from a 4-lane rural to 6-lane divided rural freeway from the Collin County Line to FM 1417 in Grayson County (14-miles). Convert frontage roads from 2-way to 1-way operation, add two new location interchanges (Hall Cemetery Rd & Spence Rd/FM 121 New Location), and widen bridges/add retaining walls associated with the capacity improvements.
The EST team performed:
- Prepare the Project Schematic and Environmental Document,
- Conduct Public Involvement including Public Meetings, Public Hearings, and Meetings with Affected Property Owners (MAPOs), and Stakeholder engagement,
- Obtain NEPA Clearance and related Permits,
- Obtain Executed Railroad Agreements,
- Prepare ROW Exhibits (New I/C Locations Only),
- Perform Survey, Geotechnical Sampling and Testing, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), and Utility Coordination,
- Prepare Plans, Specifications, & Estimates (PS&E) packages, and
- Support construction operations.
Key Challenges: Operational ROW. No new right-of-way except at new interchange locations.
Key Challenges: Union Pacific Railroad Coordination. Reconstruct two bridges spanning UPRR facility south of Sherman, TX.
Key Challenges: Project Phasing. Project delivery will support separate PS&E deliveries based on funding availability.
Key Challenges: Frontage Road Conversion. Maintain access from the service roads to cross streets, residential, and commercial properties.
Key Challenges: Adjacent Projects. Coordinate ultimate design with FM New Location Projects (FM 121 and FM 902).
- 3D Roadway, Bridge, and Retaining Wall Design
- 3D Interchange Design
- Railroad Coordination
- Sequence of Construction
- Geotechnical Investigations, Material Testing, Design and Reporting
- Design Survey
- ROW Mapping and Boundary Survey
- Traffic Signing and Striping
Estimated Construction Costs: $128 Million
Completion Date: Scheduled for 2026
Project Owner – TxDOT Paris District