IH 30 “The Canyon” from IH 35E to IH 45 / IH 345 – TxDOT Dallas District
- Client: Texas Department of Transportation – Dallas District
- Project Type: Geotechnical Engineering, Roadway Design, Survey
About this Project
EST provided design services for this project, the purpose of which is to reconstruct and widen IH 30 “The Canyon” from an 8-lane urban to a 12-lane urban divided depressed interstate from IH 35E to IH 45/IH 345 in Dallas County.
The EST team performed:
- Performed geotechnical investigations including soil borings, piezometers installation, monitoring, and abandonment, pavement coring, and all associated material testing,
- Provided geotechnical data along with WINCORE logs for use in bridge/retaining wall foundation design,
- Provided Field Survey data,
- Designed Retaining Walls RW201-RW210,
- Designed Removal Plans, Roadway Plans, and provided Traffic Control plan design support, and
- Performed Constructability Review.
Key Challenges: Development Schedule. Project Kick-Off held Sept. 24, 2020 with the first plans submittal (for walls and bridges) scheduled for January 28, 2021. EST staff used 3D design technology to deliver preliminary retaining wall designs to the Client 2-weeks early
- 3D Retaining Wall Design
- Roadway Design
- Sequence of Construction Coordination
- Geotechnical Investigations, Material Testing, Design and Reporting
- Design Survey
Estimated Construction Costs: $362.5 Million
Completion Date: In Progress – Scheduled for December 2023
Project Owner – TxDOT Dallas District
Prime Consultant – WSP USA, Inc.
Project Reference – Fernando Cruz, P.E. – Deputy Project Manager
EST Sub Consultant – Kelly Selman, P.E.