Transportation Engineer, Designer TX
EST is seeking a mid-senior level Civil Engineer to support our Design Engineering group in our Melissa or Paris office. Successful candidate should have 4+ years of experience in Civil Design/Modeling, experience working on TxDOT projects, highways, and is proficient with Civil 3D. Any experience managing all aspects of project planning, design, and delivery highly recommended.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
You will help and manage the preparation of design plans, profiles, cross sections, and design details, perform calculations for bridge design aspects and designing bridges, retaining walls and other structures. We will also like to have you analyzing data related to traffic flow, accident rates, or proposed development to determine the most efficient methods to expedite traffic flow solutions, develop design concepts using appropriate methodology conducive to economic results, and help monitor plan preparations such as detail sheet reviews and quantity calculations.
The successful candidate must have a degree in civil engineering and have passed his/her PE. Ability to be flexible and work well with others is a must in addition to managing concurrent projects assignments with a responsibility for profitability and quality. Applicant must have a strong knowledge of TxDOT and other local agencies.
• BS in Civil Engineering or similar field
• 5+ years' experience in a civil engineering or surveying environment
• Experience utilizing CADD software, specifically Microstation, InRoads or AutoCAD
• Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge without repeated instruction
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to independently follow repetitive documented processes and work independently with minimal instruction and supervision
Send cover letter and resume to HR@estinc.com with subject: Transportation Engineer TX.