Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Specialist
EST, Inc., a full-service, multi-disciplinary transportation engineering firm, is hiring for numerous positions in our rapidly-expanding Denver, CO office. We’re looking for well-known and trusted professionals who value honesty, integrity, respect, a strong work ethic, and superior client service.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced professional, with passion for the application of technology in transportation and traffic operations. Work will include design and implementation of stand-alone ITS projects, or ITS components as a part of broader transportation projects. EST’s Denver office is a collaborative environment which encourages and requires work across disciplines, in order to design and deliver comprehensive, high-quality projects. This position is expected to provide leadership, and be willing to develop and maintain client relationships.
• Prepare Plans, Specifications, and Estimate (PS&E) packages for ITS projects
• Research innovative applications of technology to various fields of transportation, and develop and present solutions to clients.
o This includes, but is not limited to Connected and automated vehicle (CAV) technology
• Fiber optic network design
• Perform system engineering analysis and prepare related documentation
o Prepare concepts of operations
• Develop system requirements
• Prepare system testing and acceptance procedures
• Lead, or perform system acceptance and integration activities
• Develop new specifications and standard plans
• Review of design and analysis performed by others
• Client outreach and customer service
• Prepare presentations
Graduation from an accredited university with a bachelor or higher degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering or other related field of study, and 5 years of work experience. Work history must demonstrate knowledge and experience with the job duties, above.
The exceptional candidate will be a professional engineer who meets the minimum qualifications, and has demonstrated the following capabilities and accomplishments:
• Experience with the technical design of a variety of ITS projects, and preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimates (PS&E) packages
• Knowledge of applications of advanced technology in various fields of transportation, as a tool to better operate and manage the transportation system and transportation assets
• Knowledge of connected and automated vehicle technology
• Experience with identifying and engaging project stakeholders
• Understanding and experience with ITS Architecture
• Knowledge and hands on experience with the systems engineering process
• A combination of field and office experience
• Self-motivation and leadership
• Ability to collaborate and bring about consensus
• Excellent technical writing
• History of active participation in professional organizations, and willingness to continue such participation
• Experience participating in public meetings
• Strong inter-personal skills