Construction Observer 1
EST, Inc., a full-service, multi-disciplinary transportation engineering firm, is hiring for numerous positions in our rapidly-expanding Denver, CO office. We’re looking for well-known and trusted professionals who value honesty, integrity, respect, a strong work ethic, and superior client service. We have several openings for highly-motivated professionals who want to escape “corporate culture,” and be given the freedom to “spread your wings.”
Serve as Construction Inspector on Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and local agency construction projects in accordance with CDOT practices. Will be on-site full time, responsible for observing construction work for compliance to plans and specifications as well as preparing all required documentation.
The duties within this classification vary, but normally include the following:
- Inspects the construction of roads, bridges and various other construction and maintenance projects. Ensures that the projects are completed according to plans and specifications and enforces contract provisions. Inspects and ensures that materials used on projects meet specifications
- Sets up field books. Measures and calculates quantities of work done for contractor payment and final estimates; maintains records for documentation of all work performed, including daily diaries
- Checks a wide variety of contract and project data for mathematical and billing errors, makes corrections as necessary
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of survey and analytical equipment; to prepare various construction reports; to collect data; and to operate computer equipment
- Travels extensively to job sites for construction inspection
- Performs miscellaneous administrative tasks as related and required
- Completion of High School or GED equivalency. Three years of experience in the heavy/highway construction industry, preferably in accordance with CDOT plans and specifications.
- Must be a collaborator and excellent communicator, able to handle stressful situations and facilitate solution-focused discussions with the owner and contractor. Must have working knowledge of CDOT’s Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction, and CDOT’s Construction Manual.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and auditing principles and practices; construction contract administration; and business and project management principles, techniques and organization.
- Skilled in communicating and expressing ideas effectively, orally and in writing; and in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to handle a large variety of projects and assignments simultaneously; reading and understanding highway construction plans; and analyzing and interpreting data.
If you are a highly-motivated professional that takes pride in doing quality work and providing exceptional client service, contact Allan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-486-0710 to discuss your career opportunities with EST, Inc.