EST, Inc. is seeking a Construction Inspector for our Denver, Colorado office and our Tulsa, McAlester, Antlers, and Moore, Oklahoma office. Successful candidate will provide construction inspection work to insure compliance with plans and specifications.
EST, Inc. is an Oklahoma-based, full-service engineering firm, with well-established offices located throughout Oklahoma, an office in Denver, Colorado and one in Laredo, Texas. In all projects our team utilizes local employees who have specific knowledge of the area and can save our clients both time and cost when completing a project.
EST, Inc. works with numerous clients that include state agencies, city and county governments, private organizations and Native American Tribes. EST, Inc. has amassed valuable experience on a variety of projects. From designing roads and bridges to providing surveys, environmental site assessments, construction management, geotechnical services, material testing, traffic studies, and site designs. We have broken down the process of providing a variety of engineering services into specialized divisions and are proud to offer our clients the most comprehensive engineering services conveniently available at one firm.
The functions within this classification series will vary by level, but may include the following:
1. Inspects the construction of roads, bridges and various other construction and maintenance projects. Insures that the projects are completed according to plans and specifications and enforces contract provisions.
2. Sets up field books and cross section books. Measures and calculates quantities of work done for contractor payment and final estimates; maintains records for documentation of all work performed.
3. Computes data for staking a project and calculates pay quantities; performs routine construction surveying procedures; computes structure lengths for staking roadway boxes and pipes; records level notes; computes corrections (fills or cuts) for construction staking procedures.
4. Operates and utilizes nuclear density gauges, positester, sling physicrometer, transit, level and other tools and instruments for the construction inspection process.
5. Inspects and insures that materials used on projects meet specifications.
6. Inspects placement of sub-base; inspects construction of curb and gutters; samples stockpiles of materials; runs proctor on soils for unit weight/cubic foot; runs moisture test on soils.
7. Inspects placement of concrete and plant mix asphalt for roadway, bridge and other structures; inspects the removal of forms from concrete structures using specifications for test results. Measures and inspects the curing of concrete for bridge structures and retaining walls.
8. Inspects common, unclassified and roadway excavation, embankment, borrow pits and removal, storage and placement of topsoil.
9. Observes the weighing and blending of materials at asphalt plants to insure proper proportions of correct material is used; obtains samples of liquid asphalt from transports at receiving point or from storage tanks.
10.Travels extensively to job sites for construction inspection.
11. Works and interacts with a variety of clients, contractors, property owners, state and municipal officials, materials contractors, engineers, inspectors, engineering and construction firms.
12. Supervises and trains new employees in the performance of construction inspection procedures.
13. Performs additional duties as required.
Able to prepare reports and documentation
Attention to detail
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Leadership and interpersonal skills
May require the ability to lift and carry materials (up to 75 pounds)
Must have valid driver’s license
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
EST offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, etc.
If this sounds like you, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.