Construction Materials Testing Technician | Lufkin, TX & Melissa, TX
EST, Inc. is seeking a Construction Materials Testing Technician with a strong knowledge of the industry to join our team. A qualified candidate must be able to work as part of a team, be reliable, have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with lab operations, project specific observations and site assessment duties.
We have an immediate need for a technician in Lufkin, TX and Melissa, TX.
EST, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm, with well-established offices located throughout Oklahoma and in North Texas. EST, Inc. works with numerous clients that include state agencies, city and county governments, private organizations and Native American Tribes.
Benefits: Competitive Wages, Company Matching 401K, Personal Time Off, Paid Training for Required Certifications, and Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform field tests according to prescribed procedures and standards
• Collect soil and concrete samples, prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summary reports
• Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare reports and/or technical data
• Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
• Maintain results log
• Confer with Engineering staff on test efforts
• Set up, maintain, and calibrate equipment
• Serve in a lead worker capacity providing work direction and training to lower level technician staff
• May require some lifting and carrying. Field assignments may require travel and/or work to be preformed on site.
• Work with other task team members and leaders. Considerable contact with clients, subcontractors, and vendors expected.
• Able to prepare reports and documentation
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Leadership and interpersonal skills
• Requires the ability to lift / carry a case that weighs 95 pounds and push up to 250 pounds in a wheelbarrow
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License
• TXAPA Level 1A
• TXAPA Level 2
• TXAPA SB101, 102, & 103
• ACI certified in field sampling and specimen testing
• High school diploma or equivalent
EST offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, etc.
If this sounds like you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.